There are few things that catch my attention as aggressively as flowers do (sunsets being one of them). Since moving to Vancouver in the spring my obsession has only gotten stronger, so today’s post is an ode to all things petalled.
- For just $99, this little piece of technology will raise your flower babies for you. It sits in the pot and waters them as necessary, and sends a notification to your phone if there’s a lack of sunlight or fertilizer. Green thumbs for everybody!
- Face the Foliage has been one of my favorite projects to follow along with on Instagram. The ones Frida Kahlo and her wild brows are my fave!
- 12 dresses made out of real live flowers. Equal parts magical and impractical.
- A recipe for rose-infused champagne for very special occasions or Thursdays at 3pm.
- A fun fact to whip out when there’s a lull in the conversation: Anthophobia is the extreme (and often irrational) fear of flowers.
- Find out your zodiac flower sign! Mine is the acanthus, which means I have “high intuition in matters of the heart and environment” and am warm, sympathetic and a natural healer. Duh. 💁
- Rupi Kaur often accompanies her poems with doodles of flowers growing out of things (like our brains and hearts). Her poetry is dark, important and so beautiful. I highly recommend checking her out!
Ps- Today I faced a decade-long fear of being terrible
at all sports and played in my first beach volleyball tournament.
We came in second! I’m off to celebrate. xo
[all photos via my Instagram]